Mandurah Hyundai

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of
the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's

Visit Now

Mandurah City FC v Dianella WE

Mandurah City FC
5 - 2
State League 1 
August 22, 2015, 3:00 pm

Dianella WE
Hyundai Stadium
Senior - First Team

Match Report

MANDURAH City had to survive the care of an rely conceded goal before roaring back to tame the White Eagles of Dianella 5-2 at Hyundai Stadium on Saturday.

City fell for an early sucker punch after defender Ollie McGhee had given away a free kick just outside the box. The resulting kick was not  cleared and Dianella scored.

The early wake-up call worked as City peppered the opposition goal, forcing the visiting keeper into two great saves. A superb five-man passing move saw Ged Burke breakthrough to find the back of the net only for the linesman to wave his flag for a dubious offside.

The goal came after 24 minutes, courtesy of a Jordan Rhodes penalty, after Burke had been felled in the area.

From there on, it was one-way traffic as a smooth passing game had Dianella on the back foot and rarely out of their half.

Skipper Andy Brown ventured forward to finish off another great move in the 32nd minute and five minutes before the break co-defender McGhee pulled the ball back from the line, played a short one two and rifled the ball home to give the hime side a 3-1 half-time cushion.

The visitors believed the ball had home out of play and their efforts to ‘persuade’ the officials were reward with three yellow cards.

City swept forward in the second period, playing some of their best football, much to the delight of a large home crowd and after another great move was called back for an offside flag Craig Tone swept home a superb cross field passing move in the 75th minute.

Dianell saw red a few minutes later with a defender sent off before John Brooks capped a fine display with another well-taken goal from 22m out.

City should have added a sixth eight minutes from time, when Jordan Rhodes saw his second penalty of the day, for a handball offence, saved by the hard working Dianella keeper.

City’s reserves had a good 2-0 win in their game, both goals courtesy of Piers Ellis-Judge and the under-18s were in cracking form, winning 8-1.