Mandurah Hyundai

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of
the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's

Visit Now

Mandurah City FC v Gosnells

Mandurah City FC
2 - 1
State League 1 
July 4, 2015, 5:00 pm

Hyundai Stadium
Senior - First Team

Match Report

A MAGNIFICENT 72nd-minute free-kick from midfield maestro Jordan Rhodes earned Mandurah City all three points in their WA State League Division One game against Gosnells City at Hyundai Stadium on Saturday evening.
Rhodes curled his free kick over the wall and into the net from 25 metres out as City completed their comeback after conceding a third minute goal.
The win enabled City to extend their lead at the top to four points.
Looking nervous City allowed Gosnells too much room early on and the long shot dipped in off the underside of the bar as keeper Dave Keenan was caught off guard.
Mandurah then peppered the visitors’ goal with numerous shots looking for the equaliser before the ever dangerous John Brookes stepped past two defenders before being upended in the box.
Rhodes stepped up to slot home his tenth goal of the year and the home side were level.
Another large crowd tuned out to cheer City on and the second half began s the first ended with the Dolphins twice hitting the bar in search of the winner.
Joe O’Brien replaced Ged Burke and new Brazilian signing Santos came on for Abi Tcuono.
At the back City, without the suspended Andy Brown were solid under strong leadership from the ever reliable pairing of Craig Young and Ollie McGhee.
Matt Stares and Lance Louvie worked tireless to find openings and eventually one came after Brookes was fouled.
Up stepped Rhodes and three points were in the bag.
“Well played to Gosnells who gave us a game,” coach Doug Hesketh said.
“We had to dig deep and coach Steve Robinson was shouting at the players ‘remember how to win’ to keep them mentally in check.
“Games like this are never easy – but we got home.”
City now face Swan Utd at Hyundai Stadium next Saturday afternoon.